PARIS     le pont Biais SNCF avalant

La passerelle de Passy rive droite est un viaduc métallique d'une seule arche de 86m de portée de l'ingénieur A Bonnet reliant la rive droite à l'île aux cygnes.
Commencée en novembre 1899 et terminée le 15 mars de l'année suivante elle a été ouverte au transport des passagers le 12 avril 1900. Près de 8 millions de voyageurs l'ont emprunté pendant l'exposition. Par manque de trafic elle est fermée le 1er juin 1924 et peu entretenue. Elle sera restaurée et consolidée de 1984 à 1985 et réouverte au RER le 14 septembre 1988.

Pont Biais SNCF
photo Bernard Kuntz

Au premier plan le pont Bir-Hakeim

The footbridge of Passy on the right bank is a metallic viaduct of a single arch of 86 meters long from the engineer A. Bonnet linking the right bank to the island of swans.
Started in November 1899 and finished on the 15th of March of the following year it was to be opened to the transport of passengers on the 12th of April 1900. Nearly 8 million travellers used it during the exhibition. However, due to the lack of traffic it was closed down on the 1st of June 1924 and was neglected. It was to be restored and consolidated from 1984 to 1985 and reopened to the RER on the 14th of September 1988.

montant  Sommaire §     Sommaire Ponts   Suite